17 April 2008

Paving the Way

My name is Taylor Kinney, I'm 18 years of age, and I've been touched by the people at Kaleidoscope Sonic Lab and their boundless quest for music and friendship. I am an emerging musician, and as such, I have neither the knowledge nor experience to guide myself along the practical path of music, that is to say I will be noticed.

Upon first meeting with Tina and Brandon, I immediately sensed that all too familiar altruism when dealing with true musicians. What followed was an in depth conversation about me and my musical aspirations, both professionally and otherwise. They explained everything I would ever need to know about advancement on both the local level and, hopefully, a career in the industry. I couldn't have been more comfortable or conducive to their introductory process. Even in their seemingly endless "to do" list and schedule, they found time to come and watch one of my performances at the Iowa State Fair.

I also recorded my first demo CD at the lab, and couldn't have had a more fruitful experience. Every song was professional, clear, and exactly what I heard in my head (a difficult thing to accomplish with many musicians). Mr. Joe Koelling was a true technician, working like the master he is around the board and making every accommodation so that the finished product was more than satisfying.

I have been truly moved by not only the kindness from these wonderful musicians, but the professional and organized manner with which they conduct this new light on the music scene, and a business that Iowa, and the rest of the country for that matter, will be seeing much more of in the years to come.

No comments: